|Online Documentation on the Right to Health, the Right to Education and the Right to Housing
Online Documentation on the Right to Health, the Right to Education and the Right to Housing – creating posters and flyers
Target group: students from Romania and the partner countries
Number of participants: 33 students
Number of students per country: France-2; Portugal-2, Slovenia-3, Slovakia-4, Turkey- 5, Latvia-3, Romania-14
Venue: ICT laboratory of A.T.Laurian National College
Coordinators: Florica Podariu, Mihaiela Tunea, Afrodita Giocas
Objectives: to identify the social problems faced by each partner country and to centralize the collected data, to create thematic folders, to exercise roles in a group and to strengthen empathy within the group, to develop cohesion, ICT and linguistic competences.
– The students are grouped into intercultural teams.
– Illustrations of the child’ rights and definitions are given to the students who will have to associate the image to the right definition. The students find 3 key words, translate them in English and the languages of the teammates and write them down on coloured sheets of paper.
– The students search for relevant information, images, news, articles related to child’ rights. Then they save the data in thematic folders.
– The teams are involved in creating posters and flyers using Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Word, Paint.
Teaching methods: conversation, explanation, debate, puzzle, learning by practising.
Materials: cards, sheets of coloured paper, markers, computers, software applications.
– The students are capable of identifying rights and obligations within the European legislation.
– The students manage to commnunicate and to improve their vocabulary with at least 3-4 terms in the partner countries languages.
– The students are able to work in teams.
– The students are able to use the Internet and software applications in order to design flyers and posters.